JOB DESCRIPTION – CERA Program Manager
Title: CERA Program Manager.
Status: Exempt, Salaried; Non-Benefit Eligible; Full-Time; Temporary position with an appointment period from hire through December 31, 2021.
Reports to: CERA Community Program Director.
Salary Range: $41,000 to $44,000 depending upon skills and experience.
Posting Period: Through May 7, 2021.
MISSION: Building relationships to overcome homelessness with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in response to God’s love for ALL.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Open Doors Kalamazoo (ODK) is committed to being inclusive in all areas of diversity in its employment, operations, programs, and services. ODK prohibits discrimination based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, history of incarceration or conviction record, citizenship, political affiliation, nationality, immigration status, language, ancestry, family and marital status, veteran status, genetics, height, and weight.
OVERVIEW: The Open Doors Kalamazoo COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) Program Manager position reports to the CERA Community Program Director. The position provides program management for the participants in the CERA program.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED TASKS:
- Conducts screenings and intakes via telephone or in person for individuals in housing crisis, facing eviction or behind in rent and utilities.
- Incorporates trauma-informed practices when communicating with participants.
- Utilizes a holistic approach to addressing the needs of participants.
- Assesses the needs and eligibility for the CERA program to provides assistance, referrals and resources.
- Assists potential program participants in completing applications for the CERA program.
- Documents details of the intake, communications with the individual, landlord or other partners in the record/file, required database, forms, trackers, etc. as directed per workflow.
- Adheres to reporting deadlines, maintains accurate records.
- Thoroughly documents participant case details, records, and notes.
- Schedules follow-up appointments, as needed, to provide ongoing assistance and case management services for eligible individuals.
- Processes financial assistance requests for eligible individuals for payment of rent, utilities, or other items.
- Participates in team meetings, department meetings, all-staff meetings, and meetings with supervisor.
- Passionate about serving people from diverse backgrounds.
- Takes initiative in providing well-rounded services to all participants.
- Reliable and secure internet service at employee home location if hired for remote work.
- Personal ethics of dependability, punctuality, productivity, self-discipline, and organizational habits.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating self-motivation while functioning as a member of a team environment.
- Customer Service and case management skill set demonstrating empathy, excellent interpersonal communication skills, problem solving, active listening, personal responsibility, adaptability, attentiveness, responsiveness, time management and attention to identify details and adjust solutions accordingly.
- Detail-oriented record keeper.
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of two years of experience working with diverse populations in a human services field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Electronically: Email cover letter and résumé to Tiffany B. White, deputy director, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail: Send cover letter and résumé to Open Doors Kalamazoo; Attention: Tiffany B. White, deputy director; PO Box 50102; Kalamazoo, MI 49005-0102