JOB DESCRIPTION – Information Technology Specialist
Posting Period through May 7, 2021
Hourly rate range: $16 to $18
Title: Information Technology Specialist
Status: Non-exempt, hourly, part-time (15-20 hours per week) temporary position.
Reports to: Deputy Director.
MISSION: Building relationships to overcome homelessness with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in response to God’s love for ALL.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Open Doors Kalamazoo (ODK) is committed to being inclusive in all areas of diversity in its employment, operations, programs, and services. ODK prohibits discrimination based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, history of incarceration or conviction record, citizenship, political affiliation, nationality, immigration status, language, ancestry, family and marital status, veteran status, genetics, height, and weight.
OVERVIEW: Supports information technology (IT) systems and end users for the entire Open Doors Kalamazoo staff, installs computers systems and software. Offers IT solutions and guidance for ODK leaders.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED TASKS:
- End user support.
- Sets up new computers, printers, scanners, and tablets for employees including anti-virus software solutions and installations.
- Provides IT orientation for new employees.
- Trains all employees in groups and individually to ensure they are knowledgeable in the systems provided.
- Offers patient and kind guidance to end users at varying levels of experience with information technology.
- Meets with end users virtually or in-person, as needed, to prepare systems and train staff members.
- Software guidance to end users relative to Microsoft Office (including Teams), Google Drive (including Google Meet and Google Voice), and other software as applicable.
- Device inventory and warranty management.
- Maintain spreadsheet with device inventory and warranty information.
- Recommended replacement schedule along with budget.
- Determine hardware and software solutions to recommend to ODK leadership.
- Possible server and / or continued use of Google Drive.
- Draft or review policies and procedures for the review of the deputy director.
- Information technology security.
- Technology and remote work.
Passionate about serving end users so together, the mission of ODK can be accomplished.
- Self-starter who works well without direct supervision.
- Detail-oriented for maintaining accurate records.
- Ability and willingness to travel to end user locations including offices and homes.
- Excellent training skills.
- Active listener who is patient with end users and has a communication ability to use non-technical terms.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of six-months experience supporting end users in any environment (work, home, school).
- Minimum of one year working with people form diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Obtained or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with a minimum of one year of course work or a combination of experience and education.
Email cover letter and résumé to Tiffany B. White, deputy director, to email@example.com.
Mail cover letter and résumé to Open Doors Kalamazoo; Attention: Tiffany B. White, deputy director; PO Box 50102; Kalamazoo, MI 49005-0102