JOB DESCRIPTION – Come work at Open Doors of Kalamazoo! We are seeking a
Maintenance Technician to advance growth in the organization. If you are hard
working, passionate about serving and dedicated, Open Doors is an ideal place for
Posting Period: Through January 14, 2022.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly; Range between $16 – $18 depending upon skills and experience; Full-time
Reports to: Facility Manager
MISSION: Building relationships to overcome homelessness with a commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion in response to God’s love for ALL
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Open Doors Kalamazoo (ODK) is committed to
being inclusive in all areas of diversity in its employment, operations, programs, and
services. ODK prohibits discrimination based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity,
color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, history of incarceration or conviction
record, citizenship, political affiliation, nationality, immigration status, language,
ancestry, family and marital status, veteran status, genetics, height, and weight.
OVERVIEW: The Facility Technician assists in the maintenance of all aspects of our
physical plant, including buildings and vehicles, to ensure that our staff, residents, and
guests enjoy safe, clean, and attractive facilities. Reporting directly to the Facility
Manager the maintenance technician will assist with preventative maintenance, repair,
construction, landscaping and other related projects are completed safely and efficiently.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED TASKS:
● Perform maintenance and repairs in different areas of routine property
maintenance, including but not limited to:
● Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personal and
follow safety protocol.
● Prepare vacant units for new residents in a timely manner.
● Ensure safety and total cleanup of job sites.
● Select and purchase supplies needed for assigned tasks.
● Participate and contribute to discussions during staff meetings.
● Work as part of a team.
● Strong willingness to learn.
● Highly safety conscious.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Driven by the Open Doors Mission.
● Preference of one year of related experience.
● Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and finishing.
● Own basic hand tools.
● Understanding of the importance of promoting diversity, inclusion and anti-racism in
the organization and the broader community.
● Ability to interact with individuals from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds.
● Valid driver's license and vehicle.
● Availability for regularly scheduled on-call shifts over evenings and weekends.
● Commitment to the Open Doors mission to prevent homelessness.
● Physically capable of lifting 60 pounds with assistance.
● Requires the ability to climb stairs and ladders, stand, drive, kneel, reach overhead,
bend, and twist for the majority of a shift.
Email cover letter and résumé to Jillian Hocking, facilities manager, to email@example.com.
Mail: Mail cover letter and résumé to Open Doors Kalamazoo; Attention: Jillian Hocking,
facilities manager; PO Box 50102; Kalamazoo, MI 49005-0102
If you have questions or do not have a résumé, contact Jillian Hocking, facilities
manager at (269) 895-9391 for an employment application.