JOB DESCRIPTION – Pathway Home Manager
Salary Range: $41,000 to $44,000
Posting Period Through: Sunday, April 25, 2021
Title: Pathway Home Manager
Status: Exempt, salaried
Reports to: Executive Director
MISSION: Building relationships to overcome homelessness with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in response to God’s love for ALL.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Open Doors Kalamazoo (ODK) is committed to being inclusive in all areas of diversity in its employment, operations, programs, and services. ODK prohibits discrimination based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, history of incarceration or conviction record, citizenship, political affiliation, nationality, immigration status, language, ancestry, family and marital status, veteran status, genetics, height, and weight.
OVERVIEW: The Open Doors Kalamazoo full-time Pathway Home Manager position will report to the Executive Director. The position will provide Open Doors Pathway Homes Program homeownership promotion and preservation services to community members.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED TASKS:
- Program Development.
- Develop and maintain services to reduce barriers for low income households to achieve homeownership.
- Create and implement long-term goals for home ownership and preservation.
- Develop programming based upon best-practice research for non-profit homeownership industry standards.
- Ensure organization compliance with sponsor, local, state, and federal requirements.
- Respond to changing residential real estate market conditions.
- Adhere to reporting deadlines, maintain accurate records.
- Support grant proposal development including budget preparation.
- Administer post-award grant financials in collaboration with the deputy director.
- Participate in strategic planning and reporting.
- Serve on committees as assigned by the executive director.
- Data entry into property software and receipt of program fees and resident savings.
- Program Management for Residents.
- Maintain a small constituent list of residents to develop relationships through interviews, six-month one-on-one meetings, and monthly contacts.
- Incorporate trauma-informed practices in programming and services for residents.
- Coach residents in achieving their goals including housing, employment, savings, and personal ambitions.
- Process 7-day and 30-day eviction notices when necessary.
- Train and develop program managers.
- Develop programs for community dinners in conjunction with program managers.
- Serve on diversity, equity, and inclusion committee.
- Passionate about serving people from diverse backgrounds endeavoring toward home ownership.
- Self-starter who takes initiative in development of pathways to home ownership.
- Excellent servant leadership skills for advancement of the skills of training program managers.
- Ability to motivate community members toward goals.
- Detail-oriented for maintaining accurate records and writing reports.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a housing-related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with community members from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with databases.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Report writing experience.
- Grant and finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and professional experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to Tiffany B. White, deputy director, to email@example.com.
Mail cover letter and résumé to Open Doors Kalamazoo; Attention: Tiffany B. White, deputy director; PO Box 50102; Kalamazoo, MI 49005-0102