JOB DESCRIPTION – Come work at Open Doors of Kalamazoo! We are seeking a Senior Facilities Maintenance Technician to advance growth in the organization. If you are hardworking, passionate about serving and dedicated, Open Doors is anideal place for you.
Title: Senior Facilities Maintenance Technician
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly; Range between $19 – $22 depending upon skills and experience; Full-time
Reports to: Facility Maintenance Manager
MISSION: Building relationships to overcome homelessness with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in response to God’s love for ALL.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Open Doors Kalamazoo (ODK) is committed to being inclusive in all areas of diversity in its employment, operations, programs, and services. ODK prohibits discrimination based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, history of incarceration or conviction record, citizenship, political affiliation, nationality, immigration status, language, ancestry, family and marital status, veteran status, genetics, height, and weight.
OVERVIEW: The Senior Facilities Maintenance Technician assists in the maintenance of all aspects of our physical plant, including buildings and vehicles, to ensure that our staff, residents, and guests enjoy safe, clean, and attractive facilities. Reporting directly to
the Facilities Maintenance Manager the Senior Facilities Maintenance Technician will assist with preventative maintenance, repair, construction, renovation, landscaping and other related projects are completed safely and efficiently while providing guidance and
leadership to the onsite team members.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED TASKS:
● Perform maintenance and repairs in different areas of property maintenance and
renovation, including but not limited to:
o Door hardware.
o Flooring including subfloors.
o Demolition of existing structure. Repair, replace, create new exterior decks, porches, and fences.
o HVAC troubleshooting.
o Appliance troubleshooting.
o Energy efficiency including insulation.
● Participates in developing preventative maintenance plans with the Facilities Maintenance Manager and Facilities Maintenance Director to ensure the continuity of operations.
● Proactively identifies gaps within facilities maintenance and partners with the Facilities Maintenance Manager to correct them.
● Retains appropriate records and reports.
● Uses the facilities maintenance database.
● Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personal and follow safety protocol.
● Prepare vacant units for new residents in a timely manner.
● Provide guidance and direction to team members during renovations.
● Ensure highest level of safety and total cleanup of job sites.
● Select and purchase supplies needed for assigned tasks.
● Participate and contribute to discussions during staff meetings.
● Work as part of a team providing leadership and guidance to colleagues.
● Engage residents with inclusivity and strong customer service skills.
● Strong willingness to learn.
● Highly safety conscious.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Driven by the Open Doors Mission.
● Three years of related experience.
● Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and finishing.
● Own basic hand tools and strong knowledge of using a variety of tools and power equipment.
● Understanding of the importance of promoting diversity, inclusion and anti-racism in the organization and the broader community.
● Ability to interact with individuals from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds with a minimum of three years of experience partnering with people from diverse backgrounds.
● Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
● Availability for regularly scheduled on-call shifts over evenings and weekends.
● Commitment to the Open Doors mission to prevent homelessness.
● Physically capable of lifting 60 pounds with assistance.
● Requires the ability to climb stairs and ladders, stand, drive, kneel, reach overhead, bend, and twist for the majority of a shift.
Electronically: Email cover letter and résumé to Gerard Brown, facilities manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail: Mail cover letter and résumé to Open Doors Kalamazoo; Attention: Gerard Brown, facilities manager; PO Box 50102; Kalamazoo, MI 49005-0102
If you have questions or do not have a résumé, contact Gerard Brown, facilities manager at (269) 895-9445 for an employment application.